TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my heater core this weekend, and surprisingly everything went fairly smooth. That is until I put everything back together. When I turned the ignition on everything came on as it was supposed to, except the radio. I checked the connection to the radio, the fuses in to passenger compartment and engine compartment, and on the back of the radio. The fuse in the passenger compartment was blown, I replaced it and it did not blow again. I am still not getting power to the radio. I am really stumped on this one so if anybody has any ideas please let me know.
Thanks,
Leggo

·
Registered
274 Posts
When you say your not getting power to the radio is this because you checked it with a testlight or just because it wont turn on?

Just trying to rule out the possability that its not getting a ground.

Karl

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked it with a test light. I checked the connector going to the radio and the factory connector. Neither one is getting power.
Leggo

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
There must be one of the connectors you left unplugged. Not necesarily on the radio itself. Look back through the pictures I sent you there are photos of every connector.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back through the pictures and I did see one connector that I didn't connect, however I can not find anywhere to connect it. It is the one that is attached (taped) to the ground wire that attaches to the firewall. It's on the group of wires that runs from the passenger side, under the glove box and into the center console area.
I hope that makes some sense to you. I am just trying to avoid tearing everything apart again, but if that's what I have to do then so be it.
Leggo

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If it is under the radio near the center console there is one that doesn't connect to anything unless you have the little info center at the bottom. If you just have the little cuby hole it doesn't get connected. All the connectors should be visable without removing the dash board. It's a guess but look around the center console on top of the tunnel in front of the shifter for something unplugged.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I kinda thought that connector was for the info center, and I'll look around up top for anything disconnected. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Leggo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts