TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the heater core in my car and everything to be fine and dandy, but then my car shut off after running for about 10 minutes. I tried to restart and no go. After waiting 2 or so minutes it restarted and ran for about 15 minutes and did the same thing. So i've tried it several time and it seems that it either won't start or it'll turn off at any random time. the starter is getting power it just won't start sometimes or if it does then it'll shutdown by itself.

any advice or what to look for?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well it looks like i found the problem... it was the connector under the steering column, the bolt wasn't in enough.

now i have two more problems to deal with. the car is idling pretty bad when in gear and has no power when you give it (it's running alittle rough). it sounds like a vaccuum leak so i'll have to check all the lines again tomorrow. the other issue with the interior lights, they won't turn off. any suggestion on what to do with the lights (i have the bulbs out) to resolve this issue?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If it sounds like a vaccum leak double check the connector on the back of the AC control head

·
5,650 Posts
If the interior lights won't turn off, you could have a problem with either the dimmer switch or the door jamb switches. The easier one to test is the door jamb switch. Try manually pushing it in a couple times to see if the lights will go out and to be real sure disconnect the electrical connection to it (you have to remove the kick panel to do so).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no time during the week so i'll drive the car at a minimum remove the dash and look at it again on the weekend

thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts