TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had a heater core put in one of these cars? If so did you do it yourself or did you have it put in? If you had it put in did it cast more or less than a grand?:confused: :confused: I just put one in and it now leaks at least 100 times as bad as it did before. I think I cracked one of the tubes where it goes into the core. I will be starting on the redo tomorrow and was looking for pointers. I just noticed my signature says I own a 5.0 which is true but this is my daughters SC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info FEARTHIS SC I just got back from the radiator repair shop, he has ordered a core for a 79 mustang which measures near the same but the tubes are short and straight. I'll let you know how it works out as soon as it gets here.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the heater core is in --not leaking--and it was certainly easier with the mustang core. It took about 4.5 hours, not too bad for an old fat man.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
High five!

4.5 hours is pretty good, in my opinion. I want to leave my dash where it is unless I have major plans for the car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts