TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in my 1995 4.6l
Since Ive owned the car the lock cylinder has been screwy. The key could be removed while the car was running (common) but one night i started the car and the heater blew hot on high, the heater controls werent illuminated and if you turned the switches they wouldnt do anything, just make the hissing vacuum sound when switched. I assumed it was my lock cylinder because after I jiggled it back and forth a little the heater worked fine. A couple days later it became permenant so I so replaced the lock cylinder today and I still have the same problem. The heater fuse is fine also, but the voltmeter doesnt work, and neither does the OD button (all on the same fuse as the heater). Any ideas? Thanks.
-Thomas

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that, because just a few minutes ago, even with the new lock cylinder, a reoccuring thing happened. When turning the car off, the key wouldnt go back all the way, and I couldnt take it out. I think thats it. YAY! that's only 15 bucks, as compared to the heater relay, which is 50!

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, so its not the ignition switch. Just put in a new one and nothing changed. Anyone have any ideas? I have no idea where the heater relay is. Chiltons and Mitchell1 OnDemand state nothing about its location.
-Thomas

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Thomas said:
The heater fuse is fine also, but the voltmeter doesnt work, and neither does the OD button (all on the same fuse as the heater). Any ideas? Thanks.
-Thomas
How about the 5 amp RUN fuse, under the dash?

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hotbird said:
How about the 5 amp RUN fuse, under the dash?
I havent checked that, but I dont see why that would make a difference. I will check it though, who knows.

master486 said:
I looked and looked through my service manual but couldn't find anything listed for a heater relay. ??
I couldnt find anything either, but I looked up the part at work and it lists it. So unless the computer is wrong, I think there is a heater relay. Just dont know where it is. But I do know this is pissing me off. Its frickin HOT outside, I want my AC back!

-Thomas

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not sure how similar the wiring is between a 97 and 95, but I recently had a similar problem. All systems on a fuse were not working (heat controls, clock, and antenna) but the fuse was fine. I lived with the hot air blowing out constantly for a year, not being able to figure it out, and finally took it to ford.

$350 later, they found a damaged wire in the upper right side of the engine compartment, underneath the alarm. Quick fix and no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts