TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work this morning and got stuck behind a dumptruck doing 25 up a hill. At the top of the hill I had a short passing lane so I gunned it and passed. I'm not sure if I had the pedal all the way to the floor but there's a good chance I did.

While I was passing the truck my heater shut off. The display went blank like it lost power. It came back on as I let off of the gas. I looked over at my guages and saw the voltage guage dropping back down to normal. I don't know how high it went as I caught it on the way down but it looked like it maxed out or got real close.

After that the airbag light started blinking. I believe it blinked twice. I gave it a little gas and the airbag light started blinking again. After that everything was normal for the rest of the ride. So does anyone have any idea what was going on?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but the charge has been normal except for this one time. Could it have been the engine running at a high rpm was too much for the alt?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
don't think so. Cuz as the RPM the regulator on the Alternator should limit its power output... I would go get it tested just to see. I believe advanced does that stuff for free.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got the alt tested this morning and everything checked out okay. Anyone have any ideas. the guy at advanced said something about the tensioner being old and loosening up at higher rpms but i just don't see being the problem because the alt would quit turning or slow down if the belt when slack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts