TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get some heavy duty shift forks for a t45? I got my 97 cobra tranny for my tbird pulled the front cover off and foun out the gears wernt shattered the shift fork brokeat the shift rod. Seems like a weak point. Anyone got any idea of where to get a heavier duty set of forks?

Thanks,
Allan

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry bout the busted parts

i've been there on a busted trans, but mines a 4r70w. i hear a lot now about people with cobra t-45's in their birds. does it fit real easy? i thought that the shifter would be in the wrong position in a bird and that the tranny would hafta be modified in order to fit right? there's a big long article in the tech forum about how to install one, but now it sounds like people are fitting them in easier. is this true?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: sorry bout the busted parts

dogz007 said:
i've been there on a busted trans, but mines a 4r70w. i hear a lot now about people with cobra t-45's in their birds. does it fit real easy? i thought that the shifter would be in the wrong position in a bird and that the tranny would hafta be modified in order to fit right? there's a big long article in the tech forum about how to install one, but now it sounds like people are fitting them in easier. is this true?

I got the tranny free because they thought it was shattered 3rd 4th gear
but its just a broken fork. figure i might as well beef the forks up so i dont break one too
My 4r70w went bad already. The tech article is really good. the tranny fits you just have to move the shifter back. or it will sit under the radio. im gonna use a mustang clutch pedal instead of the sc hydraulic deal tho. gonna be cheaper might be a little tougher but it shouldnt be too much a problem. figure ill just bolt the thing to my firewall and give it a backing plate made of 1/8 inch thick aluminum so it doesnt pull thru my sheet metal. if i even need to then i can run a cable system from a mustang, adjustable. and it should all work out. gonna run a tri ax shifter from steeda instead of the b&m tho
ford motorspot hd clutch and hopefully it will all work out.
i havnt looked at a mustang clutch pedal yet so i dunno exactly how its gonna work
I just need to find some heavier duty forks!
Looked online and failed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna be using a tri ax shifter by steeda, same deal tho, i can just get is cheaper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts