TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a box in my trunk for 2 12's and noticed that my rear would sit wayy lower than the front. I recently removed the box for a larger setup but I want to get around using such a heavy box. I am puttting 2 12W7's in the trunk and they sit in a fairly large box. What can I do to get around the rear of the car sitting low from the weight?

·
Registered
825 Posts
use fiberglass

·
Registered
280 Posts
They have thsese spring spacer things I saw at Canadian Tire. They are rubber and you jack up your can and put them between the coils. This is probably not the best way of fixing your problem, but it would work. I have the same peoblem with 1 12 inch sub and a wodden box.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn't two smaller boxes equal the weight of one big box? And about the spring spacers, I thought about those too, anybody actually use them? The only reason why I havent used fiberglass is because I don't want anything permanent in the car.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Something about the idea of spacers sounds very dangerous...

I suggest you find a place to make a fiberglass box, or maybe you can find a pre made one online some where....

·
Registered
825 Posts
What exactly makes a fiberglass box more permanent then a wooden one?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
If you do it right, you can even stand on the box without it cracking. I'd probably have to use a lot of fiberglass. :D If you've never done it, it takes a lot longer. I haven't had much luck with resin and fiberglass. I did put resin on my gas tank because it was leaking and that worked well. It's just messy and smells and not the easiest to work with, but it does decrease the weight by a lot, and it also is easier to make any shape you want.

·
Registered
664 Posts
93pimpin said:
If you do it right, you can even stand on the box without it cracking. I'd probably have to use a lot of fiberglass. :D If you've never done it, it takes a lot longer. I haven't had much luck with resin and fiberglass. I did put resin on my gas tank because it was leaking and that worked well. It's just messy and smells and not the easiest to work with, but it does decrease the weight by a lot, and it also is easier to make any shape you want.

I'm a big boy 280lbs about, I can jump up and down on my box

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya, I'm about the same, maybe a little more. Pure muscle...ha.... Well, I do have some decent muscles. I run up and down the stairs a lot. I always take 2 at a time, even at school, and carrying stuff, unless it was too heavy, but I'd run up and down the 3 flights of stairs, even with groceries. When I'd get ice in the dorms, it would take me about 2 minutes including getting the ice out of the push-button ice machine. So 1 min. of that was running up and down. I'd say I'm in pretty good shape for my size. Tiny legs, and a six pack, but it's hiding behind the keg. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts