TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or, once you got your (Thunderbird/Cougar) did you start noticing them more often. Being able to pick them out from a distance. Being able to identify them by year. Able to tell which engine they have in them. I know now that i have mine i am able to pick them out from a good distance away. I can usually tell the years of Thunderbirds (cougars, i cannot) Or at least a series of years. People wonder how i know Which engine an MN12 has, Tell by the badging and tail pipes (unless the pipes are modified from stock. I was just wondering if everyone else has been plagued by this..... well i wouldn't say "plagued", more like gifted..

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that happens to me too. I'll have a friend say "hey, check out that thunderbird" and i won't look. He'll say man, you missed it. It was bad. Oh, that 1995 Red SC. Yeah i saw it, when we were two blocks back. and sometimes i'll be driving and i'll just notice em. Seems like a lot more often now. Even My dad has been bitten by the bug. He sees them more often now too. Sometimes we even count and tell my mom, yeah we saw 10 Thunderbirds and Cougars between here and the store. Cool... Aint it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yea, before I had a Bird I knew the years pretty well. Now that I got one and I know more, I look to see who's got V8's, and who's got V6's. Nothing against the 6's, but I'm all about the 8's!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'M NOT ALONE..!!

BROTHER...we have the same affliction, embrace it! Let it guide you to the promised land of MN12 and salvation............Haleluya!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Green95LX said:
Is it just me or, once you got your (Thunderbird/Cougar) did you start noticing them more often. Being able to pick them out from a distance. Being able to identify them by year. Able to tell which engine they have in them. I know now that i have mine i am able to pick them out from a good distance away. I can usually tell the years of Thunderbirds (cougars, i cannot) Or at least a series of years. People wonder how i know Which engine an MN12 has, Tell by the badging and tail pipes (unless the pipes are modified from stock. I was just wondering if everyone else has been plagued by this..... well i wouldn't say "plagued", more like gifted..
: :bowdown:

·
Registered
529 Posts
yep and I drill the info into whatever girlfriend I have at the times head and keep on giving em pop quizzes ..hehe

·
Registered
801 Posts
yeah i have my G/F going crazy b/c when ever we go out im always spotting birds and cougars and telling her the years and engine sizes. I can tell about the years b/c of the front and rear bumpers and side stripes, engine sizes b/c the v8's have a v8 badge right next to the doors and also they have duals, and v6's have a single exhaust.

:thumbsup: :crazy:

Marvin M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts