TCCoA Forums banner

helix power tower?

766 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Thumper91 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I love it!!!

Dyno tested up to 20 horsepower!

The engine they dynoed had a rag stuffed in the intake on the first pull, then they installed the power tower (removing the rag) and, BLAMMO! 20 horse!

If I've learned anything in the last 4 years of modding my car -

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEAP HORSEPOWER.

:zsoapbox:

#5 ·
what about the air silencer mod?? that's cheap horsepower no?

the carb spacers work, not 20hp worth, but some, like as much as a K&N filter does... of course, if you put the carb that high, you might as well buy a tunnel ram manifold..

#6 ·
Has anyone here actually used these??? I have seen these for sale from summit, a couple of performance 4x4 shops, and I think Jegs... Those are all reputable places.. I find it difficult to believe that all of those places would be selling a "HP Spell" They are just basically TB spacers right? Was just curious if anyone had any actualy experience instead of some smartass answer :) Thanx

Sam

#7 ·
i have a 1/2" spacer on my Nova.. (carb spacer) it doesn't give 15 or 10 or anything really noticeable (who can tell the diff. between 420 and 430hp anyway?), maybe 2?

what i noticed was a little more low end power (torque), and that was it.. so i probably lost a little upper end hp? around what? my 6600 rpm redline i don't go near?

only way i knew was to time how long to go from point A to B, and it was maybe, maybe, .015 faster.. though it might have been weather dependent..

#8 ·
well, Im trying to get a job at a local speed shop.They have a dyno.So if, or should I say when:D I get in I will be doing alot of research on the parts for our birds. starting with 94/95 cars.I will test intake tubes( richard m's) a few filters( cone and flat) tb's and spacer's. Also I would like to test exhaust setups.dual's and dynomax, and the diference between third cat and third cat removal, and "offroad" pipes. Dual x or h pipes. pullies? Maybe even 94/95 to 96-up npi's un ported. Im picking up another 94 cheap, so that will be the test bed. And last but not least I want to do testing on ported stock intakes heavily ported ones and stock 96/97 intakes.So hopefully in the next few months we will know what is realy worth our money. we already know the expensive parts work, PI swaps , ported heads, and cams all work great but cost alot, but this will help us come up with a solid beginer, or afordable package.know what will give you real results we can prove.no more guessing that will help. All will be folowed by track testing, but every one must remember track conditions do vary so I'll try to keep records of changes. Well everyone wish me luck.

#9 ·
Cool... Thats what I am looking for, some tested and proven worth or worthlessness... Let us know.

Sam

#10 ·
From what I know, the deal on these things is that on carbed or TBI vehicles, they can help quite a bit by helping to swirl and atomize the fuel better,more atomization = more fuel burned per stroke = More HP (but not much). On a direct inject car, you're just wasting your time becasue after the throttle body, the airflow will take it's own path through the runners (so no airflow stabilization) and since the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder, no atomization gain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.