TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i think everyone knows by now that im really into lighting upgrades so i got a little idea. i know that the hella ff7s design is very supperior and they use a nice halogen but i wanted to go a step further. bought a pair of h7 silverstars on ebay for about 30 bucks shipped so i guess that wasnt a bad deal. also got the hella lights for a good price so that was cool. i forgot who asked me about that *was it shadow?* anyways all you have to do is remove the bracket that holds onto the hella light and just get a small needle or torx bit screw driver and push the lens out from the back through 2 holes. since its halogen the beam pattern should stay the same but i cant wait till i put them on. should be a great white color with a nice blue tint. just what i want. heres a crappy pic of the bluish silverstar:

and yes im a freak when it comes to lighting upgrades!

-Mike

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
let us know how they look, i was thinking about putting them in my ff75s before i put them on the car, but i know they already come extremely bright from the hella bulbs so i didnt know if i wanted to mess with that.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i knew i wasnt the only one that thought about that idea. the reason why its so bright already cuz of the design. now if i was the put a superior halogen bulb there it would be wayyy better.

has anyone else done this before?

-Mike

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Talk to Per, ThyG0d, I think he's mentioned something about it before

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well you have silverstars on also, so you should know the nice quality already..hehehehe

are yours foglights or driving lights and ill get pics tonight when its dark

-Mike

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

well theres a dayshot to give you a clue on the crisp clean color of the foglights. they are not blue at at or blu-ish white but its the color i was looking for....pure white..i love the color of silverstars and man o man the beam pattern is way better than what my stock halogens used to look like back in the day. shoot i dont need to drive with headlights ever again, unless i wanna blind someone ;)
ill get night pics in about 7 hours :)

-Mike

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as i promised heres a night pic. it doesnt do it justice but 4000k is perfect for driving lights

-Mike

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Looks good dude, how much did those silvertsar H7 bulbs set you back?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
oh sweet, silverstar 4000k H7 bulbs... hmm, I might have to throw those in my driving lights. Too bad doing so would throw my aim off, blah... Maybe when I do the 96+ light swap. Looks good mike

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AlpineBird said:
Looks good dude, how much did those silvertsar H7 bulbs set you back?
30 bucks shipped off ebay. search h7 silverstar and bid away
yup it was worth it. instructions couldnt have been any easier for the driving lights, even tho i still bugged a couple of people. its cool now because everytime i activate my anti-theft system the driving lights flash on since its relayed off the parking lights. note: if you do relay it to the parking lights make sure its the right wire. both wires were black so i guessed wrong and BOOM there goes a fuse. o well good thing i have a case of em

-Mike

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
haha, yes, you DID bug me, for like the third time about the saaame thing for this, and I told you the saaame thing as the last two times :tongue: I was right about the two wires, I just didn't know they were both black. I think on my car one is black and one is dark brown

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
So you basically ditched the bulbs that come on the hella fog's and replaced them with the H7 ones????

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
The bulbs that come in FF50 and FF75s are H7s, they just don't come with as high a kelvin rating as H7 silverstars

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tx_Cat said:
So you basically ditched the bulbs that come on the hella fog's and replaced them with the H7 ones????
yes thats about it. just remove the bracket off the foglight and pull the lens away from the housing to reveal the bulb

-Mike

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jus search ebay...hella ff75...they either have the foglight or the driving light..shouldnt be more than 40-50 bucks...the install isnt hard its just a lil tricky if you dont take the bumper off..

-Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts