TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tccoa/Sccoa Community,
Hello! I feel as if I owe you all some sort of explanation of where I have been, and what I have been doing. So here it goes.
About 2 years ago my father was diagnosed with Colon and Rectal cancer. He went through sugary, kimo, and radiation which everyone thought was very successful. About a year later he went in for a regular checkup and they had found something wrong in his blood work, which turned out to be more cancer. It took about another 6 months for the doctors to find out where it had reoccurred and where it had spread and was currently spreading to. When we finally got the call from my dad he was very upset, as was the rest of the family as the outlook just did not look good. The cancer had spread to most of his midsection and they had found a tumor the size of a softball at the top of his rectum. Once the Marine Corps learned of this via Red Cross they immediately sent home to be with my father, which I spent nearly 3 months back home (OH).When I was told I was going to be allowed to return home to spend time with my dad we also decided that we would move all of our things when we went. Which brings us to last August while I was home spending time with my dad. While home(OH) we bought a wonderful house on the river for myself, my wife and son.

My wife had to move back to OH before me so that she could start teaching here in OH for the new school year, so things just kind of worked out that way. My dad went through surgery again for the 2nd time and things went exceptionally well! They were able to remove the tumor and all the cancer, and he is now in very good health. While that was good news, it was also bad at the same time. It meant my time in OH was over, and I had to go back to NC to rejoin my unit. Which also meant that I was going to leave wife and son in our new house alone. So I made my journey back to NC, with a few bags of clothes, and stayed at a friend’s house for the next 6 months and took a part time job at advanced auto parts. Which brings us to now. As of February 17th 2007 I received my Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps! So I’m now back home in OH, looking for a job. I hope to become active in the community’s again, as I miss the MN12 ppl. The most my SC has moved in the last 2 years was when I drove it onto the moving trailer and pulled it behind my big ol pensky truck when we moved back to OH last August, and its sat inside my garage since. Collecting lots of Ohio dust!
So what else have I been up to? Well as some of you may know. I made a website www.sh-autotrends.com which sells custom gauge faces that Mr. Scott Hrbacek makes. Scott is a good friend of mine and has had nothing to do with the fiberglass box thing (for those that worried that). Basically my work in the aspect is to keep up a website for Scott, and take orders and pass them to him. Not nearly as time consuming as building boxes. I do plan on building boxes once again, but only during the weekends in spare time. I have a lot of fiberglass supplies still from when I was building them in NC. So I do plan to build them and make good on any sales that are not yet complete, and offer them once again to anyone who would be interested.

If anyone would like to contact me directly, Please PM me. I have cleared my PM box out(was 100% full).

Tyler

P.S. If we could id like to keep any badmouthing/namecalling in private messaging, thanks!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Glad to hear everything is back to "normal". Now, for does boxes...... :D I need two 10's.. PM me when you can with prices, etc. Glad to know that you are back.

Israel

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
hey man glad you and your family is ok
i will be interetsed in 2 12's boxes so start building !!!
lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts