TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been some time since I've had a chance to check the forums and what not! I have had a ton of stuff going on in my life.

For one I got married last month! My wife is in the Navy, so for right now I am living north of Chicago (great lakes navy base) with her. Got an apartment outside of base. Then in December she will be getting stationed in Norfolk for 2 years. So I will be moving there next month! This is the first time in my life ever living out of Cleveland, OH! So this is all very wierd for me (theres no place like home). Had some family issues before I left so I stayed wherever I could (mainly with my dad). But anyways i'm starting to get back on my feet again and getting back into the bird.... finally. The last couple years have been kinda hectic, so it can only get better from here...lol. Really wish I didn't wreck the old 96 Pearl Bird. I miss it so much!

I see my mod status has been removed which is perfectly understandable, since I haven't done jack!

I managed to swap the cams in to the 97 from the 96 last month.

Before the cams a ran a best of 15.3 at 91mph, then after I ran a 15.3 at 94mph.

Not much of an improvement, so I was kind of disappointed. Same track and very much alike conditions.

BTW I hate the NAVYYYYY!!! lol, not really, they can just be a huge pain in the butt sometimes. They make everything difficult! But hey, they are taking care of my wife and I, what more can you ask for? It is also very weird for me that my "wife" is the one in the military and not me... kinda weird huh?

So now, whos all around the Norfolk area, so I can make some new T-Bird friends...lol!

For those who live around there, how is it?? I am mostly worried about the weather. Next hurricane season and what not. Does that area usually get hit much?

Anyways got to go, time is up on library PC.

Later! ;)

Oh and I don't wanna hear any crap about getting married...lol! I've heard enough!!!

:tongue:
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
Welcome back Tony, congrats on getting married, and milk that BAH! Whats her rate? I can identify with the navy being a pain sometimes, but if you think its a pain now...wait until she gets to Norfolk. And remember, its a bigger PITA for the one wearing the uniform. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
Check out http://www.mamn12.com Those guys are in the VA, maryland, WV area, and have several meets a year. They're a good group of guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Yep, we here in the Mid Atlantic are a pretty active group. Let us know when you move. We might even have a meet mid winter for Christmas.

Jim
 

·
MN12 Fanatic
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great! Sounds like there are quite a few of you guys in the area!

Right now she is an E-3. Thats what she started out as due to her being in JROTC! She should be E-4 by March! Which will be nice. She went with the 6 year contract so she would get the big signing bonus, but god thats a long time. She signed up on her 18th b-day, which was before I was in the picture, so I couldn't stop her...lol!

So it gets harder in Norfolk?? Yikes!! I just hope they don't ship her off somewhere.... :(
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
Tony said:
Great! Sounds like there are quite a few of you guys in the area!

Right now she is an E-3. Thats what she started out as due to her being in JROTC! She should be E-4 by March! Which will be nice. She went with the 6 year contract so she would get the big signing bonus, but god thats a long time. She signed up on her 18th b-day, which was before I was in the picture, so I couldn't stop her...lol!

So it gets harder in Norfolk?? Yikes!! I just hope they don't ship her off somewhere.... :(
What program/job did she pick? If its not something with an automatic E-4 advancement it could take a good bit longer than you expect. Especially considering the advancement periods are in december and june. I find out next month if i made the cut for E-4. The signing bonus will take longer too, and expect about 25% or so cut out of it for taxes, trust me. Hehe, Norfolk is the biggest Naval base we've got, and if she's doing school in Great Lakes she's obviously a surface rate either in the seaman class or the fireman class. I personally am aviation so I wear green stripes. But she'll most likely be on a ship which means you can expect her to go out for 3-30days at a time every 1-3 weeks on average. So it goes with ship's company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
Not to highjack but thank you all for your service, and the spousel putting up with said service. Props!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,565 Posts
Is there a difference between the "E" payscale and the "G" payscale? I really hope so, since I was a G-3 last summer at my internship, and you guys in the military definitely deserve to get paid more than I did for sitting at a desk and chatting all day with a hot female co-worker.
 

·
MN12 Fanatic
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She is a FN (red stripes). Her job is GSM (Gas Turbine Mechanic). She is assigned to USS Cole 67 Destroyer. She is taking the test to be E-4 in december I beleive and they said she will find out by march or something like that! Not to sure, but I do know she is aloud to take the test, and passing it will be up to her.

OH yeah, I mean she went with the eight year contract. 6 years being active and 2 non active.
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
Tony said:
She is a FN (red stripes). Her job is GSM (Gas Turbine Mechanic). She is assigned to USS Cole 67 Destroyer. She is taking the test to be E-4 in december I beleive and they said she will find out by march or something like that! Not to sure, but I do know she is aloud to take the test, and passing it will be up to her.

OH yeah, I mean she went with the eight year contract. 6 years being active and 2 non active.
Hehe, everyone seems to forget about the mandatory 2 year reserve status. Even if she decides to get out after 6 years, she should stay in the reserves. All the benefits for basically no effort/input, and retirement as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,165 Posts
Gas turbine mechanic huh? hhmmmmmm wonder if she could put one of those helicopter engines in an mn12??? :D:D

Not to bring up bad memories or anything, but wasn't the USS Cole in the headlines a while back? Or is my mind going dim from exhaustion and old age?

And yea, thanks to all the service men/women and those spouses who stand behind them.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,208 Posts
Traveler said:
Not to bring up bad memories or anything, but wasn't the USS Cole in the headlines a while back? Or is my mind going dim from exhaustion and old age?
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing">Nope</a>, it's not your mind.
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
Traveler said:
Gas turbine mechanic huh? hhmmmmmm wonder if she could put one of those helicopter engines in an mn12??? :D:D

Not to bring up bad memories or anything, but wasn't the USS Cole in the headlines a while back? Or is my mind going dim from exhaustion and old age?

And yea, thanks to all the service men/women and those spouses who stand behind them.
I'm not sure she could, but I know several people who could put a T700-GE-401C turboshaft jet engine with aprox. 1800 shaft horsepower into one. Provided someone could get a usable transmission going...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,165 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing">Nope</a>, it's not your mind.
Thought so, some events you just don't forget. :usa:

And now, to avoid becoming political:
AverageJoe said:
I'm not sure she could, but I know several people who could put a T700-GE-401C turboshaft jet engine with aprox. 1800 shaft horsepower into one. Provided someone could get a usable transmission going...
hhhmmmmmmmmmm Darrin? you up to the challenge?? :D:D
 

·
MN12 Fanatic
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I've heard and read all about that terrorist attack and no it doesn't make me feel any better!

:(

But what can you do!

What are some good Navy movies?? I've been finding some at the library here and there. But what are some really good ones? I like watching them because they give me and idea of how everything is.

Then they make me all depressed when a destroyer gets blown up....
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top