TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just upgraded today after realizing that I was running quite an older version.

Very, very nice step up from previous versions. From what I've read this version puts FF at the top of the browser competition once again.

Anybody else upgraded or noticed a vast improvement over previous versions or other browsers?

·
Super Moderator
9,362 Posts
Wow. I was on 56 and upgraded now that I saw this and again, wow. Definitely much, much faster. My gripe up until now though was mainly over stability (It liked to crash a lot). So we'll see if that's been addressed too. But so far, good impressions.

·
Super Moderator
10,758 Posts
That lasted 5 minutes, lol.

It doesn't support NoScript or RequestPolicy, So it's on the **** list until those are released. :)

Both are supposed to be updated, so I can wait.

I don't really consider the web usable without those; I went to Astronomy.com and as soon as I enable their site a malware ad tried to take over a few weeks ago. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the NoScript site after updating and they say they're very close to releasing a compatible version.

Can you use RequestPolicy in conjunction with NoScript? Can you run both of them at the same time?

·
Super Moderator
10,758 Posts
I looked at the NoScript site after updating and they say they're very close to releasing a compatible version.

Can you use RequestPolicy in conjunction with NoScript? Can you run both of them at the same time?
I saw that too; I'll wait. :)

RP blocks some things that NS doesn't, or you may have inadvertently whitelisted in NS; I run both.

Sometimes it is a pain to see some sites I go to, until I temp allow a bunch of crap to run. :rolleyes:

But it works for me. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NoScript 10 is out today.

I like the upgrade!

·
Super Moderator
10,758 Posts
It's faster, no doubt. :)

I like the new NoScript interface, too. Much easier to kill **** I don't like.

Now if ALL auto playing audio and video would die, please. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts