TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 deep jewel green XR7 with a 4.6L.
I did some work to it like cutting off the mufflers and removing the air silencer,
So now it sounds cool but still has 205 HP and I was wondering what mods I could start with to make it faster? I removed the rear mufflers but I don't know if I gained any HP, (I cant feel it) but after I do a mod to my XR7 should I disconnect the battery so my cars brain box learns to adapt to the mod (like chopping off the mufflers)?
And I was also thinking about a nitrous setup for about 100 extra HP, so is there a easy cheap nitrous setup I can buy or build, like putting a nozzle jet pointing into or at the throttle body?
So any tips are greatly appreciated
Thanks,

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
For something like chopping off the mufflers it isn't neccesary to let the computer relearn anything as you haven't changed anything that the computer needs to relearn.

Rather than pull the battery and wait, you can pull the #15 fuse in the big fuse block under the hood (EEC fuse), try to start the car (it won't) then replace the fuse. This will reset the computer.

Someone else will have to talk about Nitrous Oxide.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
N20 is dangerous. stock pistons are hypereuclectic (sp?) or basically, made as cheaply as possible. They have as much silicon (very cheap metal) as possible. It's fine for most people, but if you want N20, you must be very careful.

Look at Zex, Nos, and Nitrious Express for kits. I advise you to get a wet kit. it is easier to install and more reliable. You will need a bigger fuel pump is the kit doesn't come with one (a T-rex in-line pump counts)

I would suggest a 75hp shot, and a 100hp shot MAXIMUM.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
GreenBird said:
They have as much silicon (very cheap metal) as possible.
Um.. isn't silicon an extruded sand/glass material? hense why they wafer it with gold/copper?

I would assume if it was a metal it would conduct electricity, which would render silicon PCB totally useless as it would just conduct electricity to all pins and leads at the (relatively) same time?

·
Registered
46 Posts
GreenBird said:
N20 is dangerous. stock pistons are hypereuclectic (sp?) or basically, made as cheaply as possible. They have as much silicon (very cheap metal) as possible. It's fine for most people, but if you want N20, you must be very careful.

Look at Zex, Nos, and Nitrious Express for kits. I advise you to get a wet kit. it is easier to install and more reliable. You will need a bigger fuel pump is the kit doesn't come with one (a T-rex in-line pump counts)

I would suggest a 75hp shot, and a 100hp shot MAXIMUM.
Hyperutectic. Or something alone those lines. Either way they are cheap as hell. If you run NO2 makes sure you run a safe shot or have someone who knows what they are doing set it up. With anything over 75, I'd upgrade the fuel system and maybe have the computer better tuned for it.

Just remember this simple rule when running NO2 with the stock pistons..
You can run rich all day.. you can run lean ONCE (well maybe once and half but you get the point).

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Here's my $0.03 (Canadian version of the $0.02 USD :D) - put some taller gears in her, to make her move quicker :).

Sure, go for the NOS, but 100shot is a bit much IMHO. Maybe a 50-75max with the stock engine? Build a dual exhaust, get some headers, high flow cats, gears, sticky tires, and you'll be hauling *** :).

Best,

Kevin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys,
if i run a 75 shot on stock engine what should i run on the 1/8 and 1/4 mile times?
thanks,

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Um.. isn't silicon an extruded sand/glass material? hense why they wafer it with gold/copper?

I would assume if it was a metal it would conduct electricity, which would render silicon PCB totally useless as it would just conduct electricity to all pins and leads at the (relatively) same time?
It's different from electronics grade silicon
http://www.sandablackwell.com/sillump.htm

·
Registered
799 Posts
Everything I've read on this site over the past few months tells me you should: J mod the tranny, get a chip, a bigger MAF, colder plugs, dual exhaust to go faster. These are the lesser cost upgrades. If you keep reading the various threads you'll see other more expensive upgrades: superchargers, PI heads, GT motors, etc.......

Am I pretty much right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts