TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's official. I'm living in japan. I'll be here at least a year, maybe 3.

I have only been here a few days and I'll be buying my first japan car this week to explore the island and it's culture.

So far it's a beautiful island. Waters are very clear.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The water may look clear, but I'm sure there is plenty of heavy water around Japan still, be careful out there!

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
Which island are you on and where on the island?

You'll have to update your location in your profile. :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol you crack me up with the profile. The tbird is still in Jacksonville.

I'm on Okinawa. A small island southwest of mainland japan

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts

:tongue:

The last time I saw your car it was on the lift at Rob's - Back in November or early December of last year... At least I think it was your car.

Cool. Post some pix of the area and anything else interesting that you might see.

I know they do some crazy things in Japanese culture.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts

Justin, when is the car coming up to my place?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, I'm over here with no wife or kids. She still has it. I got it to run like a champ right before I left. I didn't time to put the dash back together though.

The car might be goin to my moms house if I can my orders switched back to 3 years to bring the family with me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trunk money, that's wasn't my car. His labor is expensive. You haven't seen my 97 in person yet. I was having some trouble out of transmission and engine that had me baffled for the longest time. Car wouldn't run right, shift right, and whole cruising, this one spot where the gas pedal would be, the car acted like it have no power. No check engine light.

I figured out it was the tps was not adjusted right. Must have moved it a little when installing the intake when swapping motors.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts

Ah yes I know that island very well! At least from Karate Kid movies! :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
My prices seem to be cheaper than about ever shop in town, sure if I had no overhead I could be cheaper, but no easy way to do that, The car I had turned into a beast 318 rwhp all motor no power adder

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
My prices seem to be cheaper than about ever shop in town, sure if I had no overhead I could be cheaper, but no easy way to do that, The car I had turned into a beast 318 rwhp all motor no power adder
If Rob's labor charges are high then you've never been to a dealership lol. Rob has always had the best deals anywhere, there is a reason Mgino and I drive 4+ hours to get our vehicles worked on by him.

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
Trunk money, that's wasn't my car. His labor is expensive. You haven't seen my 97 in person yet. I was having some trouble out of transmission and engine that had me baffled for the longest time. Car wouldn't run right, shift right, and whole cruising, this one spot where the gas pedal would be, the car acted like it have no power. No check engine light.

I figured out it was the tps was not adjusted right. Must have moved it a little when installing the intake when swapping motors.
Ah yes. I had you confused with our other expatriate member from North Carolina - FunktasticLucky. He's in Yomitan Village, also on Okinawa. You should look each other up.

Throw in NativeDetroiter - also in Japan - and you've got a TCCoA party!

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,792 Posts
If Rob's labor charges are high then you've never been to a dealership lol. Rob has always had the best deals anywhere, there is a reason Mgino and I drive 4+ hours to get our vehicles worked on by him.
Plus his expertize in his profession .

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea funktastic lucky car broke on the Dyno, made a 120 mile drive no issue but it decided to spit a rocker at 5800 rpm, I said u get the parts I'll make it right, as the car made the drive with no issues it looked like a guide slash valve issue, but I handled pulling the head back off re sizing the new guide all the work was handled no charge except the parts he had shipped to me, I'd say that's pretty cheap being there was no one u could point a finger at, from my unstanding there is no warrenty on race stuff, but I did it anyway

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Do not go in a dark alley, they get creepy over there.

The scenery should be great though.
Have fun xD

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob....I know you got good prices and help everyone out. Don't take it the wrong way, or should anyone else. You are the first person to touch any of the vehicles I have owned over the years expect Steve(1mntcat). I had a feeling that locked up tcc solenoid is what destroyed my transmission on Dan's Dyno. It is what it is, time has passed.

Also, mine made 298 or somewhere close only at 5,000rpm before Dan had to back out of it. What do you think it would have made of I could have taken it to 6,500? I also have the lower compression pi bottom.

Ok....back to the topic. Who is on the forums that is also station here somewhere?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts