TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I figured I'd stop by and say hello. I'm deployed right now for 4 Months in the middles east. Just got here about 3 days ago. I work on a KC-135 Strato Tanker. So I stay pretty busy here cuz there are alot of them. Right now we're on 12 hour days and we work 6 on 1 off... its already takin its toll on me especially since I'm jet lagged. But lucky my day off is tomorrow. thats' why I'm up so late. I'm 10 hours ahead of my normal timezone (PST) so its about 4:40AM here right now. So yeah Hopefully they don't block this site... It's a source of entertainment for me. Anyway you all have a great day. - Kyle

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Be safe dude and come back in one piece...:usa:

·
Registered
917 Posts
can you at least give a hint as to what middle eastern country your located?? I hear middle east i think sand dunes.... I gradgeated saturday BTW (finally)...

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHAHA there is alot of sand here so you wouldn't be far off man. Right now I think its about 110. We be very hot here.

And Congrats on the graduation man. Now you got your degree and all that jazz what are you going to do? Hopefully you'll be in the area so we could drive to charlotte one weekend and try out the drag strip.

Tbird 90 Don't worry I will :) Thx everyone for the support. It kinda sux here but I manage. They just need to have civilian wireless internet throughout the base. Other bases have it but apparently we are too cheap to get it on this base... and its like one of the richest countries in the world too :(

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Keep those Strato's flyin bro, we need them bad bears to keep us flyin over those bad guys heads, although it makes my job a little tougher when they get back to the boat because of the lower flashpoint jet fuel.

Be safe and have fun. snap some pics and have a beer.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
stay safe. need more sales over here!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lower flash point? JP8 has a high Flash point man. I think you're thinking of JP4... which we don't use anymore

And jon I'm trying to... You'd have more if you'd ever send me that PM ;)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Your right, it was t oo early in the morning when I wrote that. You are indeed correct.

Glad to hear that you aren't using JP-4 anymore!

Oh, and now I know what I was thinking, its the spread rate....

·
Registered
836 Posts
well good luck to you. be safe. im in the desert right now also working 14 hour shifts and then off once every two weeks. gotta love the military. I just got here two weeks ago and needless to say this site, my email, and mach1registry might be the only thing that keeps me sane lol. thank god for combat pay though.........time to order parts for the bird

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know what you mean... I email as much as I can cuz its the only thing that keeps me from going crazy here. You have it a little worse than I do... Do you guys get civilian internet there? We have base internet so the **** is monitored and alot of stuff is blocked. I had to get hitech motorsports unblocked so I could get their prices for their cams. And there isn't any wireless on this base at all.

·
Registered
917 Posts
AHAHA there is alot of sand here so you wouldn't be far off man. Right now I think its about 110. We be very hot here.

And Congrats on the graduation man. Now you got your degree and all that jazz what are you going to do? Hopefully you'll be in the area so we could drive to charlotte one weekend and try out the drag strip.

Tbird 90 Don't worry I will :) Thx everyone for the support. It kinda sux here but I manage. They just need to have civilian wireless internet throughout the base. Other bases have it but apparently we are too cheap to get it on this base... and its like one of the richest countries in the world too :(
kyle honestly there is no work around here right now with the economy being so bad... so ill just keep working at best buy until something comes up but i did get a 42" plasma today :D

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I know what you mean... I email as much as I can cuz its the only thing that keeps me from going crazy here. You have it a little worse than I do... Do you guys get civilian internet there? We have base internet so the **** is monitored and alot of stuff is blocked. I had to get hitech motorsports unblocked so I could get their prices for their cams. And there isn't any wireless on this base at all.
I get civilian internet right outta my office for right now, if I was on the ship then it would be monitored like mad crazy and I wouldnt be able to do much...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts