TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 cougar xr7 turbo with an automatic. I had a problem with it not starting. after swapping tfi and coil I found that i had a broken wire leading to the coil. After i got that taken care of I added a BOV. I was going to hook up the fmic that i mounted but didnt have enough pipe. So i get it together and take it for a spin and it gets to about 10 psi and falls on its face and stops pulling and engine rpms dont climb it justs stays at about 3000 rpm. If i slowly roll into the throttle it will go all the way to 5000 rpm if it doesnt build boost. I pluged off the line to the waste gate and disconnected the bcs to try to see if it would make a difference but still nothing i need help :zsoapbox:

·
Registered
49 Posts
get rid the the BOV, that valve releases the pressure intake air to the atmosphere, the VAM measure the amount of air going into the intake form the fender/radiator area, when the BOV releases it lets out the air and the engien gets confuse
just block of the BOV and see what happens.

you need to run BPV (bypass valve) work the same but instead of lettign the out into the atmosphere it returns in from the inlet of the turbo. so no more metered air confusing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts