TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting in the front bar (finally) along with some other maintenance. It just touches the abs sensor bracket at the bumpstops on each side. I'm ok with that as its only under full lock, and tells me I def have the bar centered.

The problem I ran into is when re-installing the pass motor mount, I lower the motor and the addco bar hits the ac compressor not allowing the motor to fully seat.

The car has eibach springs and DLF poly motor mounts. I don't think they should matter.

I also tried lifting the wheel thinking that it the suspension is to relaxed on the lift but a jack just raises the whole car now.. haha. That and I'm not really comfortable with that hitting at any point.

Anyone else run into this??

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ended up chaulking most of it up to body flex as it was on jack stands behind the front wheels. I did remove one of the spacers and ground a half moon out of the lock collar. Seems to rotate good and just clears by a hair when on t he stands. Of course it's great driving :D

·
Banned
26 Posts
im going to do that sway bar size also

I was wondering how difficult it was to put the sway bars is? I heard the back aint that bad but the front is hard.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front really is a pita. Have to support the engine from the top and drop the kmember

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
thats not what i wanted to hear...

do the swaybars follow the "bigger is better" moto?

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
thats not what i wanted to hear...

do the swaybars follow the "bigger is better" moto?
It depends.

Bigger reduces sway, but can have other considerations.

You get big enough, might as well weld the LCA/frame bushings solid *grins*

RwP

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Question about Sway Bars in general.

A thicker Rear SB will cause more oversteer and a thicker Front SB will cause understeer. Since our cars are RWD, why would having a thicker RSB be more beneficial over having a thicker FSB?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After running this for a while I may look into moving down to the 1-1/4" These give almost no body roll, but I think there was a better 'feel' for the road with the stock bars...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts