TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 95 tbird 4.6 is running rough...i replaced plugs,air filter,gas filter,checked pcv valve its ok....now heres the wierd part...when i start the car,it runs very rough but after it warms up its like nothing is wrong....i hear a hiss behind the engine near the firewall...some valve back there? thanks,
ric

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
my 95 tbird 4.6 is running rough...i replaced plugs,air filter,gas filter,checked pcv valve its ok....now heres the wierd part...when i start the car,it runs very rough but after it warms up its like nothing is wrong....i hear a hiss behind the engine near the firewall...some valve back there? thanks,
ric
Check the vacuum t-fitting at the back of the engine by the TB. A lot of times they get old and crack creating vacuum leaks.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Could be the IAC valve, i think its back there on the 94/95 models...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I picked up the T-fitting from Advance and replaced the metal lines with rubber hose for only a few dollars.
Just FYI, I believe the proper fitting from the dealer is only a few dollars.;)

-Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys:)

i will check al of the above today...at the risk of sounding stupid...what is an iac?
thanks,
ric

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
i will check al of the above today...at the risk of sounding stupid...what is an iac?
thanks,
ric
Idle Air Control valve, it lets air bypass the throttle body to allow the engine to run at idle speeds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok. I have searched tirelessly for the "T" on my '96...anyone know where that is? All these pics are great, but they are on '94s and '95s. I CAN'T FIND MINE. PLEASE.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i tired getting that maf sensor out...

Clean the MAf verry carefully and re install see if that helps
but its got some torx screws with nipples in the middle! was able to get one off(the one that has alot of clearance to put vise grips on) but the other one i cant get it with vise grips :(

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
but its got some torx screws with nipples in the middle! was able to get one off(the one that has alot of clearance to put vise grips on) but the other one i cant get it with vise grips :(
The torx bit can be had for a few bucks.

·
Registered
836 Posts
sears sells them along with others. its a safety torx bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts