TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys.. the relay thing you guys told me was right on the money, now i have another problem, i think it may be the tps or mass airflow sensor.. i can be idling fine, then out of no where it jumps to liek 2.5 grand, and just sits there... then i can go somewhere and not have that problem... then some days i do... its a five speed... so i can just put in the clutch, and thats like whenit happens, when im just sitting there.. it can be in nuetral and it happens... but i dont know what it is and its getting tiring sitting at a red light and a car thinking i want to race.... any ideas?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Not too familiar with the 2.3 turbo motors, but that sounds like a problem with your IAC to me. Try taking it out and cleaning it up. If not that, then it might be something else telling the IAC to open all the way. I'm sure some people that know more about the turbo coupes will chime in.

Mike

·
Banned
538 Posts
Unplug the Iac and see if the idle changes, Im leaning more towards the TPS, I have had a TC before and they will do things just because. Was it an auto before. that has been know to happen.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tps, the 87 I have did that for a while. While driving I would push in the clutch and switch the ignition off and on real quick so the computer would reset. To change it follow the instructions in the FAQs at turbotbird.com. The tps is located on the back of the trottle body just incase you didnt know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts