TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm hoping someone can help me out on this because both my dad and I are baffled as to what the problem is..:zdunno: So, this whole problem started after my mom had borrowed my car and left the headlights on all night into morning about a month ago. I noticed that my turn signals had stopped working. I tested the hazards...they worked....tested the headlights and the parking lights they worked...then I also noticed that the blower nor the rear defroster weren't working either, but I found they all would work after the car was at a certain temperature:confused:. Went and traveled to New Holstein and the car died on me...so we figured it was the alternator....replaced that...the next day it was working fine, but the day after it went right back to doing the same exact thing! Didn't think the battery would have anything to do with it, but we gave it a try anyways....still doing the same thing!
Another thing we tried was the memory fuse that's near the battery(which was blown after the whole incident with my mom), so we went to replace that and when we put the fuse in the parking lights would come on, but not all the way just half way, along with the corners of the tail lights. :confused: Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with the car??? I am so lost, any help would be much appreciated. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the fuses under the hood are perfectly fine...where would the other fuses be? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Dirtybird - check under the dash on the driver's side.

Easy to see when you lay down looking up under it.

RwP

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ask about the horn as I have access to Alldatapro.com and I looked and the items (according to the diagram) run through the memory area and then through the horn :D

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I think the northern clubs ought to investigate the possibility of renting defunct gas stations for repair days or repair weekends. We could facilitate fuse check, wiring checks, vacuum line checks, JMod parties and the like,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the northern clubs ought to investigate the possibility of renting defunct gas stations for repair days or repair weekends. We could facilitate fuse check, wiring checks, vacuum line checks, JMod parties and the like,
That would be so awesome if we were able to do something like that. I know that there is actually a meet coming up by the end of this month for wisconsin, if I don't find anything out before then I think I'm going to have to take the car down to Madison for the meet and see if any of the guys can help me out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, an update on my car....it died on me AGAIN! First time was before I had the alternator replaced. Now that the alternator has been replaced and there's also a new battery..its still dying on me! WTF!?!?! I have a feeling they don't know what they're talking about at Advanced becaused they're are the ones that told us the charging system was working fine and my boyfriend's dad checked it tonight and he said that the car's running off the battery again!!! Something must be wrong with the alternator they gave me.....otherwise does anyone know what might be causing the car to behave this way?????

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Amanda,

Was that a new or reman alternator. I worked at Advance years ago. Reman alternators do fail. I always tested them before I sold them, but I still had some come back failed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amanda,

Was that a new or reman alternator. I worked at Advance years ago. Reman alternators do fail. I always tested them before I sold them, but I still had some come back failed.
That I'm not sure about I will have to check that because I don't have the car right now its by my boyfriend's house, so yeah....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts