TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mines 92 SC has two major problems. One is that something happened...over time maybe, don't really know...under the hood to cause some of the wires and connections for the main engine control wires (according to a mechanic he let look at it that didn't know what to do) and vacuum hoses to melt. Besides that, how would you fix damage like that anyway. Is the harness one big giant one or is it in small removable sections that can be swapped out. The mechanic said it looked like one big harness for the whole car and the dealership told him they show one harness for $1100 and there is more but Ford doesn't make them anymore. Has anyone expreiance a problem like this and how did they go about repairing it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
If thats the harness on the passengers side, it won't be easy. I would get another harness from a 92SC that has the same trans just to make sure everything will be the same. I would also try to get the computer as well because if the harness is fried, the computer may be damaged also. I think he will have to pull the dash to install it. The big one on the drivers side unplugs right at the firewall and therefore a lot easier. The vacuum hoses are also pretty easy to replace. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts