TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my father in law has a 95 4.6 with a big issue. The car does not respond to the key being turned off. Is this the ignition switch or what? I just replaced the ignition lock cylinder and that didn't fix the problem.

HELP

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
67 Posts
Resurrection... Having the same issue on mine. I've got the ignition switch hanging down now and starting the car by sliding the switch by hand.

Yet to tear into it, anybody know how to repair/replace this rod or reinstall the missing pin?

·
Super Moderator
4,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Resurrection... Having the same issue on mine. I've got the ignition switch hanging down now and starting the car by sliding the switch by hand.
I'm doin the same thing. I'm just to lazy to tear down the steering column to fix it. The problem is the end of the rod, it has a small keeper, and either the end of the rod breaks off or the keeper breaks. It's very common in our cars.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had that happen to me a couple of years ago. Had the rod and ignition switch replaced by someone with a higher tolerance for grief than myself. The new switch felt a bit sticky to me so I squirted a little Slick 50 and worked the switch a few times before installation. The bill wasn't too bad either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts