TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I hope someone can help me:

1) Does anyone have the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation for a buffer with "weak base + its conjugated acid" version?[using pkb]
(the only version I can find in books is for weak acid+its conj.base, using pka)

2) Where can one find used college books cheap?(Pharmacy, General Physics/bio/chemistry etc)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
ortbird said:
Hi,
I hope someone can help me:

1) Does anyone have the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation for a buffer with "weak base + its conjugated acid" version?[using pkb]
(the only version I can find in books is for weak acid+its conj.base, using pka)

2) Where can one find used college books cheap?(Pharmacy, General Physics/bio/chemistry etc)

Thanks in advance.
You are bringing back some very bad pharmacy school nightmares...and no I don't remember the H-H equation, only the name).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
As Ive taken two semesters of chemical engineering, I should be able to ansower that question. Unfortunitally, I dropped out, and forgot it all. Any intro chemistry book will answer that though. I am sure a google search will, too.

As for use books, I have looked all over the net, there are tons of used book stores. Ones that I have the best luck with, however, are amazon used/new section, and half.com. Usually coupons pop up for half.com around this time, like $5 off $50(not much, but a help).

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Craig-and-Molly said:
Used college books cheap. Amazon. Find the book you need, then buy it from a marketplace seller (listed on same page).

--Molly
:zwthstpd: I got all my books off Amazon this semester and saved $60 (that's going by the college bookstore's "used" books). College bookstores are a rip...you buy a book for $100, sell it back to them for like $30, then they resell it as used for $75.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I used amazon at first this summer, and two of the transactions were fine, one of the books even got here already, but this one guy is being an a$$hat right now, and not refunding the money, because he said he was selling a book and i ordered and then he emailed me saying i ordered the cd so i told him to cancel the order and he said do it yourself. so i couldn't figure out where the option was to do it. Perhaps too much time has passed, all of two days. SO I mail himsaying I cant find out how, no response from him for three days and i mail amazon, they sal to take it up with him, if no response, wait 30 days and file reinbursement. so i ordered that book from a different merchant on half. com and it's already here and brand spanking new instead of used. Half.com gets all my business now. But choose merchants wisely.

LONG STORY SHORT: >>>Watch out for the a$$hats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts