TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has been following the post over the last several months know that my 95 lx has been nothing but a fu**ing nightmare for me. Well I am having a problem keeping it running cool now. I will take it out for a drive and the temp gauge will bury itself all the way on the hot side. When I stop and look under the hood coolant is boiling out of the coolant resevoir. I have replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, fan, and radiator cap and still no luck :confused:. I read somewhere on here where you can fill the coolant system thru the vent plug and that is what i did :rolleyes:. Could that have caused the problem? If so what can I do to fix it? Any ideas at all? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Probably already thought of it but maybe the new t-stat is no good or maybe its in backwards Im not saying thats def if but it could happen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...
Do a search for blown head gaskets .
It sounds like they are in the process of going.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
and check the fan to make sure it still works.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is exactly what happened to my car when the head gasket went... $2000.00 later... it was fixed...

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
my hg's went. $600 and a new engine here it is....

·
Registered
367 Posts
your heater core could be plugged. do radaitor flush too.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
new hg's could go bad too if not done right

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have not figured it out yet, have not had time to mess with it due to work schedule. I dont think it is the hg due to the fact there is no signs what so ever of leakage. No oil in the coolant and vice versa. Just to ease my mind which way should the thermostat go? Does the spring side go towards the rad or the motor?

·
It is nice
885 Posts
motor

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what I thought, looks like i might be stripping it down and retorquing the heads. Anyone think that could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That is exactly what happened to my car when the head gasket went... $2000.00 later... it was fixed...

Ouch! My car is not even worth that! $300 and it was done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts