TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no excuse for this situation. I have done the full 4.6 DOHC and TR3650 5 speed swap done. It was running great, no check engine lights or anything and I was out on a 2 hour drive last weekend and I stopped to let it cool for a little bit. I get back on it and ya know, im shifting hard through first and second. I shift into second and about half way through the pull my car just shuts off and stands me and my girl an hour away from home. All it was doing was cranking and wont turn over. Didn't know it was a EEC fuse at the time. But yes its the EEC fuse and it keeps blowing when the car warms up. I can start it cold and run it but it blows. When its still warm and I try to crank it with a new fuse it blows as soon as I turn the key.. I have no wires running near the headers or anything to drastically hot. Iv checked wires and I cant seem to figure this out.
You think my ECU is bad and I need to replace it? Id have to get one sent to blue oval and get it tuned for everything I have again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I get that checked? Will I have to take it off and bring it to a autozone or something?

I have no corrosion. Just finished putting her back together and running fully that sunday lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
How can I get that checked? Will I have to take it off and bring it to a autozone or something?

I have no corrosion. Just finished putting her back together and running fully that sunday lol.
Yup.

so you sliced up the insulation on your wires to check already??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't done that just yet. Been tracing around to wires I know are just electrical taped over. Need to do some soldering for those but I still don't see anything wrong.

You happen to know what the AC ripple when warm should be?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the alternator tested and everything is good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also with tests today. My car is blowing the fuse at the turn of the key without the car being warmed up. Cold start.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Been tracing around to wires I know are just electrical taped over. Need to do some soldering for those but I still don't see anything wrong.
You neglected to mention those on Facebook. What circuits are just taped together?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Also with tests today. My car is blowing the fuse at the turn of the key without the car being warmed up. Cold start.
sounds like one of your taped or untaped wires is shorting to ground. I know you just want us to give you the "answer", but the reality is that you need to go over every centimeter with a fine-tooth comb.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
As GM said, you have to go over everything you did, because you're the only one that know what that was.

The insulation that was only shorting when it was hot, is now shorted permanently; I'd look there. :thumbsup:

I'd bet it's one of the wires that gets powered up by the eec itself, but only when the key is in the on or run position; from the blown EEC fuse thing.

I think that's about the best we can do from here. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts