TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I droped the pan on my 96 tbird and theres a plastic plug of sum sort with a rubber o-ring on it does anybody know what this is and where its supposed to go?:eek:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Yes, it is the plug that is put into the end of the fill/dipstick tube at the time of manufacture. Its designed to pop out when the dipstick is inserted and just ride out its days drifting in your tranny pan. If its there, its a safe bet that the transmission has never been opened up prior to your opening it.

Feel free to discard it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL Yes, it is the plug that is put into the end of the fill/dipstick tube at the time of manufacture. Its designed to pop out when the dipstick is inserted and just ride out its days drifting in your tranny pan. If its there, its a safe bet that the transmission has never been opened up prior to your opening it.

Feel free to discard it.
so just take it out it will be fine, thanks for the quick response.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Well, it might not mean the fluid has never been changed. It just might mean that whoever changed it before found the thing floating around and thought, "You know, I don't want to mess anything up so since the trans was working before, I'll leave it in."
Or the fluid was changed Jiffy Lube style, with the vacuum pump thing.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Lol, I remember being trained on those....T-Tech is what it was called. Just make sure you dont look into flushing it just to be safe, since you found that piece in there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats where i flushed it, I was a proud member of the j-team for a year and a half;) I had to use that pennzoil transmission fluid:mad: but i always used schaffers oil for the engine only the good stuff:D. You wouldnt belive the crap that was on the magnet in the pan:eek: there was 1 big half circle of metal:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.