TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know the resistance required to fire fuel injectors for a 1994 3.8L N/A and fuel injectors for a 1994 3.8L SC. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I believe all injectors fall into to catagories, High Impedence and Low inpedence. The cross over point is somewhere around 50# injector. I look for the info later today to find out for sure. A 14#, 19#, 24#, 30#,38#, and 42# are all in the same catagory and work just fine with the stock computer

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that they fall into low impedence and high impedence, but I don't think that pound ratings have anything to do with that. The rating just tells you what size the injector is, not what resistance it requires to fire.

·
Registered
443 Posts
dont have the answer to your question but did you convert to the DIS with the split-port swap in the 94?

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did, it was a real fun swap too (note my extreme sarcasm). To put it bluntly, it was an extreme amount of wiring, but I can say that it does work (I'm getting spark). As soon as I get the car to run I'll see about writing up a tech article on the swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts