TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm getting the itch to blow some more cash. I blew over $10k when I modded up the bird with an all forged 5.4 and custom fuel and cooling systems. I currently have nothing under the rear seat. I have a 15 gal fuel cell in the trunk with a fuel pump rated at 1000+ HP. The problem is, the tank leaked when first installed and is not safe. Nobody will weld in a firewall with the tank already in there. Secondly, the fuel pump sounds like a slow blender and I can hear it a block away despite my roaring exhaust (can hear a mile+ away).

HELP -
The 5.4 is all forged because I will be adding a significant power adder. I'm leaning towards a Kenne Bell 4.6 unit with spacers to fit the 5.4 and nitrous, but who knows.

I went to a yard and bought another gas tank (stock), but I don't have any brackets, the fuel connections won't plumb into my 1/2" feed and 3/8" return line very easily, and my charcoal canister is long gone. Fuel cell is vented to the open air behind the car.

I've got 222HP and 333TQ (funny huh) at the wheels before the engine was really broken in. It feels faster now. That is with 89 octane on a very hot day, and I have a stock 1995 Tbird aluminum intake cut and welded to make it fit. It doesn't flow. But I do have true dual 2.5" exhaust with an X pipe and high flow cats. With a blower, new intake system and new exhaust manifold/headers, I'm expecting a minimum of 350HP/450TQ at the wheels w/o the nitrous when I'm all said and done. I'll keep spending 'till I reach that.

I need help with:
Fuel Pump: need in-tank or combo that will make nitrous and this setup safe. Sick of the blender. What capacity/models/brands can I choose from?
Fuel lines: can I keep the 1/2" and 3/8"?? my regulator has -10 fittings, need to replace that too
Charcoal cansiter: Where do I get it, how do I hook it up, where does it go?
How the heck to I put the gas tank back on??? :confused: I have no brackets, but can get the fill hose at autozone.

Now you understand why I've kept the fuel cell in there for two years.

If you live in OKC area and want to look at it, PM me.

Thanks for any suggestions

Dan

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? I need help on this.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I would go to a junk yard and get a used 96/ 97 Fuel tank. Since this is a better fit for most exhaust systems I would purchase a new fuel pump, Evaporative Emission valve # E7DZ9B593A and canister #E2VY9D653A.

I will send you more info via e-mail.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!

I've alread bought a 95 tank. I doubt they'd take it back after 2 months. Still need all the brackets/fastners though.

Dan

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I think 92 was the transition year... 89-92 were one style, 93-97 were another. the 95 stuff should work with the 96-7 stuff either way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts