TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tailights will NOT light up when the peddle is pressed. The running lights work, but do not brighten up when you hit the pedal. Also, no turn signals in the rear. I removed the tailights this weekend and put them back in, but now no tailights or signals. I've checked the connections, everything is good, grounds are good, havn't checked the fuses, but I am at a loss! PLEASE HELP - GOTTA DRIVE IT IN THE MORNING

·
Registered
570 Posts
The tailights will NOT light up when the peddle is pressed. The running lights work, but do not brighten up when you hit the pedal. Also, no turn signals in the rear. I removed the tailights this weekend and put them back in, but now no tailights or signals. I've checked the connections, everything is good, grounds are good, havn't checked the fuses, but I am at a loss! PLEASE HELP - GOTTA DRIVE IT IN THE MORNING
If you took them out and just replaced them, then you must be missing something, or you broke something while you were doing it. Check for voltage at the connections to the taillights while someone else presses the brakes.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Brake light switch? MFS?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All is fixed. I ended up replacing all the terminals for the wiring to the connectors and light terminals, new rear bulbs (again today), cleaned all the ground connections, cleaned the connectors and terminals thoroughly. I am going to attribute this one to gremlins or something . . . very strange. I did find that I have a significant voltage drop still, so I may have a bad ground somewhere north of the connector by the fuel shut off switch. Either way, I've got it going so I can roll out at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the help and suggestions :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,569 Posts
Your MFS is bad. Replace it or take it apart and clean it. There are a couple of threads, one with pictures.

Check you brakelights regularly until you get this fixed; you likely used the turn signals or flash to pass, so it's working now.

It will go back out, trust me. :rolleyes:

Your Brake Lights are your turn signals, right? :)

Almost getting run over by a semi clued me in on my problem, I hope you fare better, lol.

Wow. The post with pics is gone; It's not even listed in my posts anymore... weird.
I remember the pics, and the post I made about them.

This is the best instructions I could find:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=255800&postcount=8

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grog you come through once again. Thanks for the heads up bud. I want to make sure everything is prestine before taking it on the cruise. I don't want to get anyone, or myself, hurt out there. Thanks again :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts