TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of 95 Mark VII rear lower control arms from a board member for my 95 bird, vary happy with the purchase. But how do you mount them??? The mounts where the spindle attach are different then the bird. The bird has like a u bracket on each end to attach to the spindle and the mark doesnt, just 1 post at each end. thanks for the help. I also picked up a 93 pumpkin, i hope that is straight forward swap??? Thanks

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You need to remove the half shaft from the knuckle ( spindle ) to get those bolts in if you are re-using the original bolts that came with the Mark LCA .. not sure about re-using the factory bolts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No thats not the problem, the mounting points at the arm are different. They dont line up with the knuckle.

·
Registered
570 Posts
First, you probably need the stock Mark VIII Torx LCA to Knuckle mounting bolts, I don't believe that the MN-12 bolts will work.

The Knuckle mounts to the forward side of the tabs on the Mark VIII LCA.

Here are three pics showing the Mark VIII LCA's installed (with my Delrin Bushing Kit) in my '95 SC (pass. side), which may help you visualize things.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it thats the problem i was trying to visualize them since they look different i was thinking the wouldnt fit. thanks alot

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Does anyone have the specs on the washers that go between the spindle and lower control arms? I want to make sure they are not too tight, or loose.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are you asking about torque specs?Any thick flat zinc coated or stainless steel fender washer should work.

Use lithium grease on the bushings.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Does anyone have the specs on the washers that go between the spindle and lower control arms? I want to make sure they are not too tight, or loose.
The washer goes between the LCA and the spacer in the center of the bushing. It has no effect on how tight the spindles are. It's there just to prevent the bushing spacer from digging into the aluminum LCA.

A 16mm or 1/2" fender washer will do.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Are the washers to fit between the end of the sleeve in the bushing on the spindle and the control arm, or over the sleeve in the bushing?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Are the washers to fit between the end of the sleeve in the bushing on the spindle and the control arm, or over the sleeve in the bushing?
End of the sleeve....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I figured it was to go there to prevent the sleeve from digging into the aluminum control arm, but wanted to make sure. Thanks.

End of the sleeve....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts