TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here goes, I am in the US Army, and I am currently stationed in Germany. The problem is that I am wanting to get rid of the thrid cat or resonator, and put on some different cats, then I would like to y it into a single 2.5 to the back just like stock and keep my Flowmaster 40 series on. So is there any people that would happen to be living in the Frankfurt Germany area, or any thoughts on this. After all the shops here are scared to work on American cars from what I have found out. HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Because American cars ARE scary :D :D

J/K finally someone who's experiencing the same problems as we euro guys with a American car, but I found out nothing is impossible after some decent resaerch.
Is it a problem for you to hop over to Holland, maybe i can hook you up with some good addresses for custom exhaust work.

Lemme know if you're interested.

Later, Ed...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I know they've drawn the force strength way down but there should be an Auto Skills (Hoppy) Shop somewhere around? Shouldn't be too tough to get the parts and do it yourself...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for the reply, I have found out that my car has just landed, so I am tryng to get things inorder so that I can take it straight to the shop. I need to have one bad *** sounding v8 over here so that every one with those little tiny POS's will know what a reall car sound sound like.

Dutch 4.6, How far away are you from Frankfurt? I have the ability to go anywhere I want, I just have to request the time off. If it is a reasonable drive, I could see about road trippin to Holland, after all what's one more stamp on a passport? :cool:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Chknhawk97 said:
.... I need to have one bad *** sounding v8 over here so that every one with those little tiny POS's will know what a reall car sound sound like.
You are so gonna get your azz handed to you on the Autobahn. :D Nothing like getting passed by a VW beetle at 130.... At least the one that humilated me was Polizei. Those Porsches and Mercedes might sound like a sewing machine but out on the road they're 150+ mph sewing machines and they do it with little effort. If you've never driven in Germany you're in for a real treat. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Like Doodaa said, you'll be surprised how faaast these little european POS cars are at the Autobahn, they'll blow a Tbird to smitheriens....been there, done that :( :(

I did some checking on high flow cats, a Y pipe and 2,5" mid pipe section for a 4.6, but it doesn't make you happy....600 for two cats, 200 for the Y pipe and aprox. 400 for the mid pipe and that's even without labor. And yes, the prices are in euro, so that's making it even more rediculous in USD.........Good thing though, it's all SS and mandrel bent.

Unless the money falls out of your @ss, I don't think this is the way to go. If i was in your position I should order the parts in the US and check at the base if there's an auto skills or car hobby shop, like doodaa said. Or ask one of the mech. at the motorpool for some help...
If that doesn't work, I know there are a few guys here from Germany, maybe they can pinpoint you in the right direction.

Or you could ask Santa for xmas a nice BMW M5, azzkicking guarenteed :ztoohot: :ztoohot:

Good luck and stay safe on the Autobahn, that speed is addictive :D :D ....

Ed...

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
doodaa said:
I know they've drawn the force strength way down but there should be an Auto Skills (Hoppy) Shop somewhere around? Shouldn't be too tough to get the parts and do it yourself...
yes they call this HOBBY HALLE ;or DO IT YOURSELF..
"Chknhawk97" you in my hometown ,be carefully by KEISERSTRASSE ;
and i wish to go to one day ,only to let my bird roll over the autobahn ,thats it .
dont now how loud your exhaust is but have fun with the f*** ing POLIZEI dont think they cant stop you ,i am sorry that i cant help you whit an muffler shop bud still ,hope you have fun
MAIC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, you are definitely right about these POS's over here, I rented a Benz, that mother was fast! I never saw the bottom side of 220 km/hour out in the country on the Autobahn. Even so, I was still getting past by little freakin VW's. So at least I will have a mean sounding v8 while cruising at only 106 mph. Thanks MAIC, I will look at that link and figure something out. :ssalute:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I assume that you are referring to Lambo's and what not? The answer is yep, I was driving to Berlin at about 240 kph when I was completely blown away by a yellow lambo that past me like I was going in reverse. It was by far the craziest thing that I have seen. Other than that, just a lot of vw's and porsche's. :ztoohot:

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
i will hook you up with a discount and ship it to you. then if you want you can put most of it on your self. shipping would be a ***** but i am shure it would be cheaper then buy some thing over there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks blk mk8, I am interested, I figured that I should spend at least some of my income on car parts and not all in beer! Right now, I am looking for a good cat back system, I like the flow master 40 series that I have, but it just doesn't seem to look clean, so if you had the ability to get something like the Dynomax ultra (stainless steel system), Or something that has a good sound but less droning, I am definitely interested. My t bird is 300 miles north of me right now , but I will have it back by the 20th, and I am looking to start working on her right after Christmas (you know, kids and christmas cost money!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts