TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo once you take apart a car by yourself over the period of 2 years to tend to forget where things go back in place. For those MN12 part pros help me puzzle back these pieces and I’ll give you a internet cookie. Thanks in advice for your help.

Part(s) 1: Ok I'm not sure, but are these the starter or ground cable holders? They are attached to the engine block?

Part 2: My wild guess, trans cable bracket??? :confused:

Part 3 & 4: Ok both of these parts were toward the rear end of the car's underbody. Part 3 looks like a drawer handle to me, lol. Part 4 looks like it's for the exhaust heat shield.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
1: bracket on the right is the powersteering line/swivel support bracket.
2: gray transmission main harness bracket, located near the tailshaft/vibration insolator.
3: driveshaft safety loop bracket.
4: shield between driveshaft and gas tank.

I could be wrong and I'm sure that's none of the proper names, but I hope that's helpful.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First picture item on the left is for the power steering line iirc
1: bracket on the right is the powersteering line/swivel support bracket.
2: gray transmission main harness bracket, located near the tailshaft/vibration insolator.
3: driveshaft safety loop bracket.
4: shield between driveshaft and gas tank.

I could be wrong and I'm sure that's none of the proper names, but I hope that's helpful.
3 & 4 mount in the driveshaft tunnel. IIRC the loop one is behind the tank, the sheet metal one is ahead of it

So for part(s) 1: Would you say those are from the long odd steering hose? I did Matt's -AN conversion mod so I suppose those are from the old line.

Part 2: I had a feeling that was the trans bracket, I was under the car today knowing there was some sort of bracket that tied in the shifter cable.

Part 3 & 4: I already bolted up the gas tank, I hope I won't have a problem getting around putting those back in. :eek:

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thank you.

For rmfk13, Chris_Murder and XR7-4.6 you get freshly baked internet cookies. :)

For guitar maestro you get burnt internet cookies, sorry bro. :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts