TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of removing EGR (wont fit with my Trick Flow Intake) I found the vac line runs to this little gizmo on the passenger side shock tower. I assume this piece is part of the EGR system and I can just unplug it and be done with it, but I just wanted to confirm with you guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think that its a egr vacuum valve/soleniod. The pcm turns it on and off to vary the vacuum applied the the egr valve. If you unplug it I would think the ses light would come on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
its not the DPFE sensor...thats all the way back on the firewall w/ 2 lines and an electrric connection going to it. according to what i have been told, that little gizmo is the egr solenoid like charlies said.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Thats an odd place for it:confused:

...and it IS NOT THE DPFE. Its the vacuum solenoid, the Delta Pressure Feedback Egr sensor is a grey rectangular box with 2 hoses coming from the EGR tube.
unless you buy the newer version that is black plastic :D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
And about half the size too.

I think its been relocated in the picture for the Supercharger ... ;)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
EGR vacuum regulator aka EGR vacuum switching valve

EDIT: charlies beat me :(

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
as many others stated that is refered to as the egr vacuum solenoid, also called the egr vacuum switching valve, or egr purge valve, it has many names but it is for the egr, on your 97 the DPFE sensor is a gray box behind the passenger side head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts