TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I keep blowing my ignition fuse under the hood, it's a 20a fuse link type. Which kills my car, I replace yesterday and it blew replace it again it blew, but replace it one more time, then got it home and to work. Go home ever thing fine got to turn on my street it dies. Why is my ignition fuse dieing ever so often, any help would be great. I'm have no idea whats going on here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds like you have a short or some wires crossed.
Have you had any work done lately which required any modification to your wiring?
Like a stereo install or replacement of ignition or electrical components?
Maybe installed a part and pinched a wire without realizing it?

I'm no wiring expert by any means but the more info you can share with the guys on here who are, will aid them greatly in helping you diagnose the problem.

·
5,650 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram shows that the fuse in question feeds both coil packs and also goes to the CCRM. I would check the wiring at the coil packs and CCRM for any signs or wear, damage, or shorting. Also as mentioned, if any modifications have been done check where that happened as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No modifications have been made, I just had replace the transmission same year and all, I had about 5 holes in the bell housing. I have a after market radio unit but I had that it for a while, so I don't think that could be the problem.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Did you inspect the wiring carefully as previously mentioned? Look around your coil pack connectors where they clip onto the packs themselves. Both of mine were cracked there when I went to remove them. It didn't happen to me, but it's possible moisture or dirt/debris could get in there and cause a short.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I stupid It's the fuel pump fuse, lol Look at it wrong in a rush to try to fix it. Anyone know where the fuel pump relay is ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts