TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a little searching but didn't see anything so I will ask the experts. After driving my 95 Thunderbird (4.6L V8 with 72,000mi.). I get out I smell oil. I have noticed this for a while but have seen no oil leaks and my oil levels dont seem to go down. Last night when I got home I was walking in front of my car and I seen smoke coming from under the hood by the headlights. The headlights are on a timer so it made it easy to see. It was more of a white faint smoke but the way it hit the headlights I certainly could see smoke. I opened the hood, could smell the oil. Looked around but didnt see anything. Made sure the oil cap was on tight. Ive looked under the car. I don't have any puddles that I can see.

In the past 500 miles I have had a Tune up done. Replaced plugs and wires. MAF was replaced. Last weekend I replaced the PCV valve. The car has had regular oil changes. Last oil change was about 1000 miles ago (Back in November).

Im wondering if anyone here has had the same problem. Before I take it in the shop, I was wondering if I am missing anything? At this time, my thought is it maybe a gasket.

Any help is appreicated.

Mike

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
im going with valve cover gasket leaking onto a header...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you fix it :) - It's just another bill I really don't want right now. But thats life. Everytime the shop has my car I think it holds a minimum of a $500.00 repair...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were all W-R-O-N-G....

It was the transmission. It seems the seal on the pan went south. Causing what I was told some back splash. All I need a transmission service and it isn't costing $500.00 Yay!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts