• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal at the moment:
It's becoming clear that my car's condition is bad enough that it likely won't return.
What should I do with the insurance money? :confused:

it's tempting to go to a 96, they are a bit easier to work on, espeically with some upgrades in the future.... but they have that exploding manifold.

Tom

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I picked: Spend it all on a silver 96 4.6L, change my sn to "Silver96Bird"

If you buy back the car what would you do with the engine and tranny? If you can sell it for more then you can buy it back then go for it but a engine and tranny probably wont fetch more then 800 bucks from a 95 with low or decent milage. I Suppose you can swap trannys. If you get a96 I would just re work that tranny with a J-mod. If you know where they are bring the bird go there and ask if you can buy the TC. Just tell them yours broke and you need another one. Dont tell them you know the car and which one it is. LOL
If you have your eye on a 96 id say go for it. If not and are gonna look around then if you find a 95 you like then I wouldnt count it out of the options. The 96 will be a touch faster though.

good luck man,
-Shawn

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shawn

the enigne would go directly into our 93 cv, and then i can drive that until i find a suitable heir to the t-bird's parking spot in our driveway. I want to keep the trans because its much stronger and set up than any 95-96 tbird trans (MD OWC, etc), and I'd probably either save it or just swap it into the replacement Tbird. still awaiting hard numbers to decide.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts