TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me find a kit... Ive been told a plate kit would be best.. id rather not go with a noszle kit just because of the price. Looking to be under $450 bucks. I just dont have a ton of time to search for a kit right now working 60 hours a week. Here is a list of whats on the bird now..

PI heads, PI Intake, Comp 262ah Cams, Kooks headers, no cats, true dual exhaust
C&L upper Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 3800 stall TC, 01 GT trans 450hp jmod, 3.73s with trac loc, SCT chip soon to be tuned by lonnie with n2o burn, steeda UD pullies...

thats about it performance wise... Anyone got a good idea what route I should go?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Zex dry kit would work.

search ebay and the corral to get the kit and maybe someone selling som extra crap.

i would HIGHLY recommend a bigger pump - 190/255 would be the best, and 24lb injectors.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
When my car was stock(all I had was a panel K&N, and no mufflers with 22" tips), it ran a 15.8 @ 86 mph, w/ a 2.29 60'.
When I installed my NOS kit(dry 75 shot), the car went a best of 14.18 @ 95 mph, w/ 1.99 60's.
These were not back to back runs, and nothing else was changed either(no other mods).
And yes, a 75 shot did drop me 1.7 in the 1/4(others here don't like to think so), but its true, many peolpe were there to see it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nitrous express has a nice 4.6L plate kit that installs right below the upper throttle plenum. only downfall is that it is a wet kit, which really isnt a downfall, just means you have to be extra careful of backfires....damn plastic intake manifolds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts