TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on the 3.8l T-Bird. It's the last wire I need to hook up before I give the car to my neighboor's kid (just turned 16... he's dying to get the car). The wire has comes from the wire harness on the passenger side of the motor, near the firewall. It comes off the harness right before the injectors, and is right next to the PCV. It's about 5" long and has a brownish looking wire.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Where's the oil pressure switch or water temp switch unit on a 3.8L. (Did the 3.8L have gauges or just lights)? Either way, it can't be too critical, either a water temp or oil pressure since it only has one lead. The other "side" of the circuit would have to be the block.

Just a WAG considering I don't know jack about the 3.8L. :thumbsup:

·
5,650 Posts
That wire is connects to a coolant temp sensor called the cold engine lockout switch located in the heater pipe if you have SATC. If you have manual A/C controls (which you must since this wire is just hanging there), this wire won't connect to anything. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
master486 said:
That wire is connects to a coolant temp sensor called the cold engine lockout switch located in the heater pipe if you have SATC. If you have manual A/C controls (which you must since this wire is just hanging there), this wire won't connect to anything. Don't worry about it.
That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure on a 3.8 car.

Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 89 3.8 and will check on my engine to see where it goes. That is if you can wait that long.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PWINCORP said:
I have an 89 3.8 and will check on my engine to see where it goes. That is if you can wait that long.
Thanks.... I sold the car to the kid next door, so I can walk over and attach it if it's important. Just trying to make it work for him, considering it's his first car.

·
5,650 Posts
If you follow the heater hose coming out of the water pump, there will be a place for something to screw in right around the passenger side valve cover.

Again, I'll state that if the car has manual A/C controls, you will find nothing but a pipe plug in the heater line and the wire won't connect to anything. If you have automatic A/C controls, there will be a 1-wire coolant temp sensor in the heater hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts