TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i wire in a new awia head unit and it doesnt put any sound out so i put my old eclipse head back in and it works fine, then i trade in the awia for a new sony and it wont put anythign to the speakers via stock wireing so i pull a speaker out of my door and run a wire to it and it plays fine. So in other words why wont my cd player play through the stock harness anymore?

Also is 6 gauge power wire thick enough for a 700 watt amp? i got one of the sony xplode 760 watt amps dirt cheap to push 2 cheapo 12's i have till i decide what good 12's i want.

So far i got.......
Sony xplode head unit- forgot whick one already lol
clairon pro audio plate mounted copents in the doors and pioneer 6x9's in the back
700 watt xplode amp pushin two cheap *** reactor subs*no comments plz i know they suck lol but u cant beat two half way decent sounding subs for $15 lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
harness

Have you upgraded your harness yet? If you have a stock amp in your car ( premium sound) you need to buy this harness from Cartoys, Magnolia HiFi or any other sterio place to let your deck work with your amp the comes with your car. Its only like 15-20$ but you can use it again if you get a new deck.. hope that helped and about the gauge of your wire. That should be fine as long as you dont turn the gain all the way up on your amp, you never want to anyway...bad for it.,

Later
Jesse

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I like 4 gauge but 6 is fine. 4 might just let it sound a little better neway. Like I said, 6 is fine, 4 is better. The Hu... if he needs a new harness how did he get the original hooked up? The original should be a completely different size and shape, so you will need an adapter to go from that size and shape to the sony size and shape. If that still dont work cut the damn harness off and sodder the wires manually. The good old fashioned way.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i have the harnesses and all and i had an eclipse cd player hooked up and i bipassed the factory amp via the harnesses. But ya i just got pissed and rewired all 4 interior speakers with 16 gauge wire lol, i only use the harness for the power wires, and memory lol. I guess i will go with 4 gauge wire for this amp and in my other car i'll wire with 6 when i get around to putitn a system in it. So ya it all works now, thanks for the help guys, Justin

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Its always frustrating when you get somethin hooked and it dont work and u cant figure it out. I am like you though. If it dont work, randomly tear it apart without knowing whats wrong and fix everything :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol ya that sounds liek me lol. But this is my daily driver and i can only put up missing one thign and having no ac and no radio was too much lol so i fixed the radio and just ***** about the ac lol. My 5spd has no radio or ac either but in that i'm occupied with shifting lol. Justin

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I used the 4 ga eFX Scosche wiring kit from wal-mart. used the splitter cause wire wasn't long enough and cut the 8 ga wire in half and put them both to the amp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts