TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was following the advice of a friend and replaced the oil sending switch. I drove about 5 miles and started smelling burning oil so I got out and looked. Oil everywhere. I looked a little closer and noticed a small crack where the oil sending unit screws in (the same thing the oil filter screws into). what is this part and how much can I expect it to cost me. Also, how hard would it be to replace, looks tough.
thanks for any help.
oh yeah. 96 4.6L Bird

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure I will take it. but,

My problem is that the part it screws into is cracked. If that pic were of my car you would see the crack perfectly. If you want to give me that oil filter adapter I will gladly take it. Email me at [email protected].
thanks again.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
That part we are reffering to is called the oil filter adapter. It adapts the oil filter, oil pressure sensor and radiator hose to the motor. The gasket in between is pretty stout but you might want to order a new one. You will have to remove it by Braile but just take you time and it will come. Never over tighten when dealing with Alum.

I need an address,
Dr. F

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, duh sorry for the ignorance

I will gladly give you my address but im not going to post it on the forums. If I had your email address I would send it to you.
my email is [email protected]
thank you very much. That part costs $209 through 5 star ford.
thanks again you are a lifesaver.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
proving...

proving once again, that this board has a LOT of nice people.. willing to go out of there way for other people they dont know.. only if everyone had a MN12 =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts