TCCoA Forums banner

Help! My Tranny Has Gone Crazy!

553 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  J.Miller 
#1 ·
A few day ago my A/C pump seized up i dont know how but it did. I got that fixed and as soon as i got my car back my tranny starts doing weird stuff. It would only start from second atleast thats what it felt like. It would take forever to get to a good speed and my car wasnt reving high. When i would put it into 1st gear manually the car would buck and then start to go but the engine would rev really high an i wouldnt break 10mph. now on top of that my A/C pump is acting up again an i dont no why because its brand new so i have no idea whats going on can anyone help me.

#2 ·
Sounds like a bad MLPS (also called TR sensor) it tells the computer what gear you're in. The older ones leaked water and would stop working right. I hear NAPA sells a nice one for $30, as compared to double or triple that at Ford.

#3 ·
Before you go nuts and buy a ton of stuff take a look at your vacuum lines and make sure they are intact. One could have easily been bumped or damaged when the AC compressor was swapped. See if something is loose on the air intake.

Also make sure all the wires are connected.

Here is a link to a schematic:
95 Vacuum Diagram

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.