TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's the plug that used to be where your transmission dipstick tube is now. When they shipped the transmissions it was used to plug off the hole where the dipstick tube went and instead of pulling it out, it was pushed into the pan when the tube was installed (or so I'm told). Just throw it away, it's nothing important. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
This has freaked a lot of people out! :D

It looks so.... important, with that O-Ring and all...

You'da thought the lazy SOBs would have pulled it out instead of shoving it back into the pan.

Great picture, BTW!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The only thing it means is that your tranny pan has never been dropped before.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
LOL, first time I took my pan down I found that and guessed that it may have had something to do with my tranny acting up. I later took it down to my dealer and my service advisor told me it was a shipping plug and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
659 Posts
WHOO HOO, your trans was a virgin......LOL
you popped it's cherry :D

MIke

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
dugweed said:
WHOO HOO, your trans was a virgin......LOL
you popped it's cherry :D

MIke
:rofl:

Quadcells, great picture of the rubber thingamajig. I think is mentioned somewhere in one of the trans tech articles that some may find that thing hanging out in the pan.

How many miles does your car have on it? I found that dipstick plug in my pan when I did my trans [email protected] 65,000 miles or so. 65k miles on the tranny fluid...without a cooler...dunno if that did some damage or not....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You can change your fluid without dropping the tranny pan. the PO of my car had reciepts for two drain and flushes, and my plug was in the bottom of my pan, so don't get too worried.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts