TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Ford T-bird 4.6 w/112k miles. Two days ago, my wife drove thru a flooded street and needless to say the car died and hydro locked the motor. Motor is shot, bent rods ect. However, the tranny was about to crap out also, the famous torque conv., acc.pistons, i.e, the defective tranny problem.

We love this car, it is in great shape body,interior ect. We would like to replace the engine and trans at this point and need alot of advice to accomplish this in a fairly economical way. Since I will not be doing the work, I have someone who will install these items, but if anyone can suggest a experienced shop concerning 4.6 birds we are all ears.
I live in central NJ, near new brunswick,somerville,bound brook

Does anyone have advice as to where or who to buy a reman. engine and tranny
from? Does anyone know of a place to buy a reliable used engine\tranny?

We need to consider all options.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
First...

decide if you want more power or not. a 99+ stang GT motor would be nice. Not sure who has reman stock engines other than ford.

As for the transmission, I would talk to Dennis Reinhart (ship you an upgraded trans) or if your transmission is rebuildable, talk to A-train (Anthony F) who knows more about our transmissions than most AND lives in NJ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts