TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one, rear O2 sensor for my 97 4.6L bird. I broke one while lowering my Y-pipe to get my Damn Cracked JBA header off. Please help me out here guys. I only need one. My new header will be here next week. Chris

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually it doesn't matter, as i will be using MIL eliminaors. I am installing an ART dual kit with no cats. Chris

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Give Jerry or Dennis a call. They can turn off the rear O2s so you don't need MIL eliminators.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh but see, i have emissions testing here every two years, so its got to be down to stock emissions spec. Which means in two years i got to put the Y-pipe back on and the flowmaster cat back back on and go get tested. Then go home un-bolt, and rebolt the ART kit back up. Chris

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
ahh but see, i have emissions testing here every two years, so its got to be down to stock emissions spec. Which means in two years i got to put the Y-pipe back on and the flowmaster cat back back on and go get tested. Then go home un-bolt, and rebolt the ART kit back up. Chris
Its my understanding that the computer will test out ok with the Jerry chip, even with the MIL turned off.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the tune cost money and I already got a set of MIL's for free doing a side job for a friend. So I'll take the free route. plus I have to buy header gaskets now (damn JBA and cracks)

·
Registered
748 Posts
CHRIS!!!!!! I won't need mine here anymore. Dennis is doing the reburn for the new motor (which I just picked up Sunday) and they will turn the rear O2 sensors off. Since I have to have new down tubes made now.......I won't be re-installing mine at this time. Oh, we don't have any emissions testing up here as of right now....so no biggie. And, one more thing.......they're still pretty new.......just replaced them earlier this summer back when I added the H-pipe.

LAter.

Steve.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Joe, I have kooks headers on my car and NO cats. I have a jerry chip and the rear o2's were turned off... so no check engine light comes on. I have to emissions my bird soon, and your telling me when they hook their computer up to my ECU it will see two perfectly working cats with the two rear o2's turned off. I mean as long as they don't physicaly crawl up under my car and check everything out i should pass?

-Derrick-

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Fast96Tbird said:
Joe, I have kooks headers on my car and NO cats. I have a jerry chip and the rear o2's were turned off... so no check engine light comes on. I have to emissions my bird soon, and your telling me when they hook their computer up to my ECU it will see two perfectly working cats with the two rear o2's turned off. I mean as long as they don't physicaly crawl up under my car and check everything out i should pass?

-Derrick-
Thats been my impression of it. Give Jerry or Dennis a call. We don't have emissions testing in this part of Texas so I an vouch for sure.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
they usually dont waste there time lookin under the hood.....just hook up the emessions machine to the computer.....and the computer says everything is ok.....so they send you on ryour merry way

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve, give me a price shipped and i will get you the money order/cashiers check for the rear O2's. Whats you shipping address too. Chris

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, my address is Steven Terry, 707 Weger St., Elida, Ohio, 45807-1125. Since you hooked me up with a few deals here and there and stuff, I'd say $20-$30 bucks for both......which ever you feel is fair. Like I said, I won't be needing them now and they'd just be sitting on a shelf collecting dust.......and I'd rather see them be used somewhere so I don't feel like I wasted the $120 on them......ya know?? *LOL*

Later.

Slowride

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey steve, can you get those in the mail today or tomorrow. I am mailing out the money as soon as I get done writing this message. You know you can trust me to send the money. Its just all my parts will be here next week, and i want to have it all ready to go and done at once. I'm sending $30.00. Chris

Chris Keggan
2439 Banyon Dr
Beavercreek ohio 45431

·
Registered
748 Posts
HEy Chris. I just got your message. Yeah, I know you're good for it, besides...you trusted me with the MAC intake system, so the least I can do is extend the courtisy of trust. I'll try to get them in tomorrow (Thursday)...should have them by Saturday.....if not, Monday at the latest. If worse comes to worse.......I'll steal my dad's truck, take a couple of hours and drive them to ya.

Later.
Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts