TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alternator just went out! I was looking to replace it anyway, but i guess now i have no choice. Anyways, i want a better alt. for my 3.8, so my ? is what and where do i get the right one from? I obviously want one that puts out more power but i understand that i may need to replace the wiring as well. I just have no clue what to get as far as compatability w/ my 3.8, what do i need that is a little more powerful but will bolt right up without any special wire harness or bracket? thanks ALL!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It all depends on how much money you want to spend. Go to your local Autozone and check out their alts. They should have a 130 amp one with a lifetime guarantee. If it fails, they'll replace it.

PJ

·
Registered
460 Posts
If your really hard core and looking for something with a LOT more power go ask one of your local stereo shops who does good rewinding of alt. That way you can get what ever ammprage you need. Look to spend around $200 that way though. I would only recomend it if you were pushing a big system, or are a sucker for overkill. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts