TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the pump running, but I never found the problem. I measured the electric from the fuse to the relay in front of air-box until crash relay in trunk to electric conection at fuel tank. When I take out the pump from the tank and tested it directly with 12V then function it perfectly. Mounted it all back and have been running the car. My wild guess is that there were some oxide at some conection, but it is a wild guess.

Anyway thanks for your help

Berth

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 94 T-bird LX with V8 and it will not start.
I know that the ignition is functioning, because if I add "Start gas" in the inlet then the engine will run for a few seconds. That is until the start gas is all used.
I have ~15 liters (~4gallon) of fuel in the tank, so I know that the tank is not emty. I have checked the stop relay that sits in the trunk. I have also checked the fuse, which is in the engine room. The problem is that the fuel pump will not start. There should be a relay that start the pump, but where do I find it?

Anyone, which have some ideas about what I should check and where I should check.

Thanks in advance for any help

Berth

·
5,650 Posts
The fuel pump relay is housed inside a box of relays called the CCRM, located between the airbox and headlight. The relay should be energized for 3 seconds when you turn the key to ON. Your best bet is to have a friend turn the key to ON while you measure voltage at the inertia switch in the trunk to see if you get battery voltage there. That will tell you if it is likely the fuel pump or an electrical issue.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 94 T-bird LX with V8 and it will not start.
I know that the ignition is functioning, because if I add "Start gas" in the inlet then the engine will run for a few seconds. That is until the start gas is all used.
I have ~15 liters (~4gallon) of fuel in the tank, so I know that the tank is not emty. I have checked the stop relay that sits in the trunk. I have also checked the fuse, which is in the engine room. The problem is that the fuel pump will not start. There should be a relay that start the pump, but where do I find it?

Anyone, which have some ideas about what I should check and where I should check.

Thanks in advance for any help

Berth
can you hear the pump priming when you turn your ignition switch on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts