TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all and I appreciate all the help so far.
I am converting a 97 Tbird to a 5 speed, and I need to know do I have to replace the brake booster with a smaller one? Looking at the area the SC clutch pedal assembly looks like the clutch master won't fit. The damn booster can is huge.
It looks like it won't fit. I don't want to install all this and run into a problem.
Any other advice I would appreciate that as well
BTW is the 96-98 T45 the best choice?
Thanks, Woody

·
Registered
476 Posts
My piece of advice to to definately pull the dash out. I tried to do this with the dash in and it was a bad idea. I finally got smart and pulled the dash and the job became much easier and better.

Will

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am going to pull the dash, however I don't want to tear it all out and find out the booster is in the way and or the wire junction block and have to do it all over again. I will post a pick of the area. In the 96-97 birds the wire junction block is retangular not round like the 89-95 birds also. Looks like there is no room between the block and booster. I can see three dimples in the firewall were the holes should be drilled for the mounting bracket.
So is there anyone who has done the conversion on a 96-97 tbird?
Thanks for all you help
Woody

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Tobey did the t45 swap into his 97, only difference was the wiring bulkhead thimg had to be relocated.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Tobey did the t45 swap into his 97, only difference was the wiring bulkhead thimg had to be relocated.
Jim's right; the wiring connector has to be moved. I used a carbide cutting bit on my dremel. Just widen the slot outboard, and shove the wiring harness over. I can't remember exactly how far. I disconnected and pulled the harness off the firewall, installed the pedals, then kept cutting until the plug fit back in.

PM me if you have more questions specific to the '97. I don't check this forum much since my car got flooded and totalled last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts