TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I definetly am getting the cobra r wheels. but not shure what is a good tire to go with them. I have to get the 16x8 wheels b/c my dad won't let me get the 17inch cobra r's cause he doesnt want to mess with the speedo. So what is a good tire that will fit on the 16x8 rim.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Mess with the speedo?

As long as you get a tire that is the same height, you can do a 17 or 18 inch rim or whatever you want.

A 17 rim with a 245/50/17 is the same height as a stock 215/70/15 or a 225/60/16

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so I am not so good at spelling:)

Anyway, I must have missed something when I was looking around at posts about people haveing to mess with the speedo cause of bigger tires.

Thanks for telling me this now I can get the 17x9 Cobra r's hopefully.

·
Registered
43 Posts
About a month ago I bought 17X9 chrome Cobra R's from O.E. Wheel distributors on Ebay. $729, plus $29 for the lugs/locknuts, & $80 for shipping. I love the wheels, & the service was excellent. I highly recommend these guys. I went with a little lower tire, BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW's in 255/45-17. Only slightly lower than stock, so my speedo shouldn't be off by much. I did, however, have to buy 3mm spacers for the front because the wheels rubbed the front uprights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts