TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the E3 spark plugs in there car. I think of them but I am not sure if I am going to use them or the NGK iritum plugs which should I use in my Turbo Coupe.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I saw a test of the E3 Plugs on Horsepower TV. they ran a set of stock plugs in a given car on a dyno, then ran a set of E3 Plugs in the same car. There was a measurable increase in power (I think between 5-10 HP) but it was on a car that already had 300 hp so I doubt the change would be as great on lower power cars. I was thinking of trying them cause I'm desperate to try anything to get my MPG up to reasonable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks summit has the E3 plugs for cheap check them out.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
There is another plug that has some capacitor in it. I forget the name of them. Supposed to be real good for close to stock cars and trucks. I have heard talk from people tha use them. All good. Only problem is they are kinda expensive.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
a capacitor in the plug is not going to help...the name your looking for is pulstar.

e3 is just another plug. Looks like it blocks more of the chamber than it would help. Changing plugs is easy to find power when the old ones are kaput. Show me a test where they replaced stock with stock, saw a power increase, then switched to brand x on the same day and saw more power.

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=6917

If you want to open up the flame to the chamber, use a side or surface gap plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts